Tuesday, December 17, 2013

An Explanation

It has been a long time since I have done any online work on this or the webs. I think webs will be shut down and this will be the format in which to publish my studies.

Since I began this Journey my spirit has grown considerably. My understanding of the world around me has expanded as well as my experience with Faerie. I will use this blog to log my experiences and the experiences of my wife. There are a few of us out there and some of us have created an online presence and sanctuaries for those of like mind. This blog is not in creation to deviate from or take from other Gnostic Tolkienologists. 

I will also write essays on various topics within the broad scope of Gnostic Tolkienology. What is Gnostic Tolkienology? Well let's do some word history! 

(Wikipedia)

Gnosticism (from gnostikos, "learned", fromAncient Greekγνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge) describes a collection of ancient religions that taught that people should shun the material world created by the demiurge and embrace the spiritual world.[1] Gnostic ideas influenced many ancient religions[2] that teach thatgnosis (variously interpreted as knowledge,enlightenmentsalvationemancipation or'oneness with God') may be reached by practicing philanthropy to the point of personal povertysexual abstinence (as far as possible for hearers, completely for initiates) and diligently searching for wisdom by helping others.[3] However, practices varied among those who were Gnostic.
Gnosis is the common Greek noun forknowledge (in the nominative case γνῶσις f.). In the context of the English language gnosisgenerally refers to the word's meaning within the spheres of ChristianIslamic, or JewishmysticismMystery religions and Gnosticismwhere it signifies a "spiritual knowledge" orreligion of knowledge, in the sense ofmystical enlightenment or "insight". Gnosis taught a deliverance of man from the constraints of earthly existence through "insight" into an essential relationship, as soulor spirit, with a supramundane place of freedom.[1]

(LOTR Wiki)
Tolkienology is a term used byTolkien fans to describe the study of the works of J. R. R. Tolkien treatingMiddle-earth as a real world and using academic techniques to determine if 'chronicler' Tolkien has left enough clues to come to some fitting conclusions.
Gnostic Tolkienology is finding spiritual insight and mystical knowledge through the study of J.R.R. Tolkiens work. It is an umbrella terminology I think fits all of us who are finding our spiritual paths through Tolkiens work.